New Programs Coming Soon to SSA KC – Barber, Nails, and Esthetics
There’s just no doubt about it – cosmetologists, estheticians, and nail technicians are in huge demand! These exciting careers are getting even more attention after the challenges of the past couple of years, where people learned to truly appreciate what a wonderful partner they had in their local salon and spa. To even better enhance their careers, many people are beginning to specialize – and Summit Salon Academy Kansas City is here to help with our brand-new programs for barber cross-over, nail technology, and part-time esthetics training! We are currently working to bring these programs on board and hope to be able to start enrolling by summer 2022.
Why do I want to specialize?
There’s high demand for skilled, experienced professionals in every field of cosmetology, esthetics, and nail services. Clients in every business prefer to go to people who are experts in the exact service they need, and cosmetology, esthetics, and nails are no exception.
The industry experts at Summit Salon Academy KC do research constantly to ensure that we offer the best opportunities for our students. In today’s climate, two of the fastest-growing specialty fields are nail technicians and cosmetology/barbering, so we’ve developed new state-of-the-art training courses to help you succeed by getting in on the ground floor of these exciting new opportunities!
What makes these fields great for people looking for a new career?
Each of these specialty fields – barbering and nail technician – have their own unique advantages that make them great careers:
Cosmetology and Barbering. Numbers fluctuate, but there are generally as many men as there are women in the world, and all those men need specialized hair and grooming services. Often, however, men are reluctant to go to traditional hair salons, since they tend to cater to their female clients. The barber experience is much different. It’s a place where men get together to talk about business, current events, family – all the topics we need to cover with friends and family. And a barbershop, even one located within a traditional salon, is designed to provide an atmosphere that’s comfortable to men.
Because of those factors, barbers are in high demand. People come to barbers for:
- Hair services. Men need haircuts often – sometimes more often than women since their haircuts are generally shorter and may grow out quicker. Men need different types of haircuts than women need, and often these cuts are done with clippers rather than scissors. That means barbers need to be trained in specialized tools for these types of haircuts.
- Beard and mustache trims/shaping. Even if they’re growing out a long beard, at some point, men need a professional barber to trim and shape their facial hair. That means the barber needs to be an expert in face shapes so that they can help the client choose the right look for their style.
- Shaves. The traditional towel barbershop shave has never gone away, but now it’s even more in demand as men come to appreciate having that pampering time for themselves. Training in traditional barbershop shaves with a hot towel is a must to deliver clients the experience they expect.
- Women’s services. With shorter and shorter styles becoming popular, more and more women are opting to visit a barber instead of a stylist, where they can get expert styles created by clippers rather than scissors. Some women also prefer the barbershop environment to the more traditional salon.
Nail technicians. Everyone wants great-looking nails, and with a growing population and newer technologies, this specialty field has really come to life as never before. People visit their professional nail technician for:
- Nail color and design. Painting nails at home is both time-consuming and difficult. It’s easy to smudge and smear a color when trying to paint nails yourself, and it’s nearly impossible to add any embellishments or designs without a professional nail artist. Nail technicians help their clients choose the right look to complement their personal styles.
- Hand and foot care. The hands are front-and-center in everything we do. Just like our faces, they’re one of the first things people see when they meet us. Professional nail technicians are trained in all the latest treatments and techniques to keep skin and cuticles healthy, keep nails strong and healthy, and to address any issues like fungal growth before it becomes embarrassing and unsightly – and even painful.
- Pampering and social interaction. Manicures and pedicures feel wonderful, and they give clients that chance to relax and get pampered – and to just forget for a moment about their busy lives. They’re also an excellent opportunity to relax and chat with a friendly, professional nail technician for a few minutes of needed social interaction outside the circle of regular friends and family, and that’s great for everyone’s mental health and wellbeing.
If you’d like to enroll in any of our exciting career programs – including our new specialty career programs for nail technicians, estheticians, and cosmetologists – now is the perfect time to get started! Contact our education professionals at Summit Salon Academy Kansas City and we’ll help you by answering all your questions about enrollment and program curriculum. You’ll find us at 815 West 23rd St S in Independence, MO, or call us at (816) 252-4247 x303 for admissions information. You can also take our online career assessment to this amazing industry that is right for you. Message us online to ask questions and learn more about our exciting programs, and for more information, you can also schedule a tour of our professional cosmetology and esthetics school.