Our Commitment to Diversity at Summit Salon Academy KC
At Summit Salon Academy KC, our mission is to open up the exciting world of esthetics and cosmetology to all our students while providing unmatched services in our luxury salon. To succeed in this mission, diversity, equity, and inclusion are an integral part of our DNA. In both our educational programs and in our salon, we strive to ensure that everyone benefits from this valuable industry.
- Haircare. One of the first things our cosmetology students learn at Summit Salon Academy KC is that everyone’s hair is different. That means that we have to embrace diversity in order to ensure that the students we train are equipped to provide effective hair care services for everyone. Part of our curriculum is training on a wide range of techniques and understanding the effectiveness of a huge array of professional products so that our students can cut, style, color, and care for hair of all different types and textures.
- Skincare. Our Esthetics Program students receive a comprehensive education in everything from skincare to massage to nail care to makeup and more. Because our students will be caring for a wide variety of skin types and textures, it’s crucial that we prepare them by providing comprehensive training that helps them learn which products and techniques work for different skincare needs, as well as the best colors and makeup shades to use with a variety of skin tones.
What else does Summit Salon Academy KC do to ensure that our programs – and our luxury salon – support our diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives? We have comprehensive policies and options to ensure that everyone is welcome at our salon and educational programs are diverse.
- Ethnicity. Our programs include skincare and haircare techniques and professional products that support a wide range of ethnicities so that our students – future estheticians and cosmetologists – have the skills they need to serve their entire future clientele.
- Age. Skincare and haircare needs can vary significantly at different ages, so our programs also consider the wide range of needs that our students’ clientele will require, allowing them to welcome people of all ages into their future businesses.
- Culture. Our effective training programs also highlight the importance of cultural differences to ensure that our students’ future businesses are welcoming and inclusive for their own communities. Being sensitive to the cultural needs of the communities they serve will allow them to build successful businesses for careers that can last a lifetime.
- Access. Class schedules are sometimes neglected as diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, but we understand how important access to outstanding education is for the successful future careers of the students we serve. That’s why we offer both day and evening classes, as well as both part-time and full-time educational opportunities that give everyone who wants to learn about cosmetology and esthetics access to a program that will help them get ahead.
- Gender. At Summit Salon Academy KC, we’ve always been proud that our cosmetology and esthetics industries are at the forefront of gender inclusion. Whether it’s ensuring that women have equal access to meaningful, well-paying jobs or ensuring that members of the LGBTQ+ community feel welcome and engaged in both our programs and our salon, Summit Salon Academy KC is dedicated to providing a gender-equitable and diverse community.
- Differently-abled. Our accredited school welcomes everyone who wants to build a career in the exciting fields of esthetics and cosmetology. Students and salon clients who need special accommodations will find a welcoming community where their needs are met.
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is targeted to both our students and the clientele they will serve as they move forward with their careers. When people choose a stylist or an esthetician, they want someone who understands diverse needs and can provide effective services with caring and understanding. That’s our goal for our students at Summit Salon Academy KC.
Right now is the best time to enroll in one of our cosmetology or esthetics programs at Summit Salon Academy KC! Both programs will help jumpstart your exciting new career in the cosmetology and esthetics industry with effective educational programs and hands-on training on real clients in our luxury salon. Get started today by visiting us at 815 West 23rd St S in Independence, MO, or by calling us at (816) 252-4247 x303 for admissions information. You can also take our online career assessment to see if esthetics or cosmetology are the right careers for you. Message us online to ask questions and learn more about our exciting world-class programs. For more information, you can also schedule a tour of our exceptional career education programs.