The Growing Demand for Stylists/Cosmetologists
Nov 28 2019
If you’ve been thinking about a career in cosmetology, now is the time to act. Job outlook research has shown that demand for cosmetologists is increasing, opening up a much broader market for your professional skills. Our Summit Salon Academy Kansas City L'Oréal Professional Academy cosmetology program will get you started on your career the right way, with skills that are in demand.
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, jobs for barbers, stylists, and cosmetologists will increase by eight percent between 2018 and 2028, and that’s a faster job growth rate than the average of all jobs they analyze! With a growing population, the demand for hair care services will continue to grow. In addition to this amazing growth in demand for your career as a stylist/cosmetologist, you’ll benefit from all the perks that come from this fun and exciting career, such as:
- Building relationships. Being a stylist/cosmetologist is the perfect career for people who love to meet people! Many of the treatments you’ll practice can take several hours to perform, which gives you plenty of time to really get to know your customers, as well as co-workers. Styling and other cosmetology services are very personal, and most people build close, personal relationships with their stylists/cosmetologists over time. In many cases, you’ll consider your guests as friends.
- Variety. Besides working in a traditional salon & spa, there are plenty of other exciting options for stylists/cosmetologists, including working on cruise ships, providing styling services for celebrities, being a fashion show stylist, being a stylist for the film and theater industry, and much more.
- Job satisfaction. There’s no better feeling than having a happy guest and knowing that the trendy style or the treatment plan that you’ve created has made your guests look and feel their best. Being a stylist/cosmetologist means being at the forefront of all the new trends and being able to share these ideas with your clientele.
- Friendly, relaxed work environment. Salons and spas pride themselves on being that place where their guests can relax and de-stress, away from problems at work and hectic family commitments. As salons and spas go out of their way to create this relaxing environment for your guests, you benefit by working in a friendly, relaxed, positive environment all day long.
These are all great news for our students at Summit Salon Academy, where we are eager to help you get a jump start on this exciting career. Our 1500-hour program prepares you with everything you need to take the State Board exam for your cosmetology license, including:
- Options to train full-time or part-time
- An exciting L’Oreal Professional education using professional products
- Hands-on salon experience with real clients
- Access to our International Summit Salon™ Community
- An exciting Summit Salon™ career path
- Summit Salon™ business-building skills
- Job placement services and scholarships are available
- Classes with national performing artists
To get started today on your new career as a stylist/cosmetologist, contact our professionals at Summit Salon Academy Kansas City . Our cosmetology education professionals will answer all your questions about the program and help you begin your career in this fun, exciting, growing career.
When you’re ready to come in for all your haircare and skincare needs, Summit Salon Academy Kansas City is ready for you with a fully clean and sanitized salon and spa for your health and safety. What’s more, your appointment at Summit Salon Academy KC helps our student cosmetologists and estheticians advance their careers through hands-on experience, and all students are closely supervised by our professional estheticians and cosmetologists. It’s a win-win for everyone! You can find us at 815 West 23rd St in Independence, MO, or call us at (816) 252-4247 to schedule your appointment or to speak with one of our professionals about your skincare and haircare needs. Please download our loyalty app for free on iTunes and Google Play.